Tuesday 12 March 2024

𝗝𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗬 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗣𝗦𝗬𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗢𝗖𝗜𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬

I am a lover of sports and also multitalented in different sports. I would like to say that the majority of the sports I learned are on my own and most come naturally to me.

I played street football for a very long period and despite how talented and gifted I was in football, I just didn't see myself playing football professionally. Even though I love sports, I also wanted to go to school and become educated. 

Aside from football, sports like mid-distance races (800m, 1500m, and road races), sprint races, table tennis, swimming, tennis, squash, basketball, cricket, handball, monopoly, Scrabble, ayo, and draft.

My versatility in sports generally makes my passion to know why athletes behave the way they do on the field of play and how to aid their performance through legal and acceptable methods. That made me develop an interest in Sports Psychology and Sociology and it allows me to work with not just teams but individual athletes.

In 2021, I worked with my first football club in Nigeria, Africa as a Sports Psychologist and Sociologist, Therapist, and Wellness Coach. The club was playing second division football and while I was there I made an impact within a short period that I was there. Strikers were having issues scoring and even having shots on target and the team was having internal issues. Players were having misunderstandings with each other as there were two fractions in the team and the coach didn't notice it. When I came on board I was able to resolve the issue and unite the players together.

In the first game the team played after I resumed work, the strikers had a good performance. One of the strikers scored and the other also had several attempts which was a plus for us. The games they played while I was there had a good result such that the team only lost two games, one at home and one away but above all, there were changes in the performance of the team and players before I left.

Presently, I am with a grassroots football club known as Watchtower FA. A football club that shares the same vision and mission as mine. A club that is intentional about playing beautiful football that interests the fans. Since I started working with this club changes have been recorded in terms of individual performance and the team has been waxing stronger. In the Elite League, the club is topping out of ten clubs. So far we are unbeaten by the grace of God and we hope to remain that way till the end of the season when we will be crowned champions. 

Also, in the coach's cup, we are in the round of 16 and our next game will be on Thursday this week. Yes, a coach is in charge of the playing style, pattern, and substitution but the role of a sports psychologist and sociologist cannot be overlooked. A sports psychologist and sociologist knows the exact words, statements, and demonstrations to give to the team and individual athletes. What I mean is psyching the team is the work and sole responsibility of the sports psychologist. A word and statement rightly used can push a team towards going all out and winning every game and a wrong word or statement can kill the morale of the team and athletes and even lead to not just defeat but also relegation of the team.

I am enjoying everything about sports psychology and sociology as it has not just opened my eyes to the need for the wellness of athletes but also aids in relieving and utilizing stress to your advantage and not forgetting to aid performance levels to keep rising and increasing.

To be a sports psychologist and sociologist is not a day job nor knowledge in the field but allowing God to lead and direct you towards what to say, do, and how to go about it.

I remain 👇

𝗜𝘀𝗿𝗮𝗲𝗹 𝗢𝗹𝗮𝘄𝘂𝘆𝗶
(@𝘁𝗼𝗯𝘆𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮_𝗶𝗻𝗰)

#SportsPsychologist, #SportsSociologist, #WellnessManagementCoach, #StressCoach, #PerformanceCoach, #FitnessTherapist, #ExerciseInstructor, #MentalHealthCoach

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Follow Us On Twitter

Powered by Blogger.